Put On the New Self
Colossians 3 reminds us that we have been raised with Christ so we should set our hearts on things above. We died with Christ to the things of this world. We are instructed to put them aside along with our old self. And in its place, to put on our new self, which is being renewed in the knowledge and image of our Creator. Paul then gives practical ways in how to live this out as well as instructions for family life.
More Articles ...
- Set Your Mind On Things Above—Colossians 3:1-2
- Your Life Is Hidden With Christ—Colossians 3:3-4
- Rid Yourselves of All Such Things—Colossians 3:5-8
- Put on the New Self—Colossians 3:9-11
- God’s Chosen, Holy & Dearly Loved—Colossians 3:12-14
- Let the Peace of Christ Rule in Your Hearts—Colossians 3:15
- Let The Word of Christ Richly Dwell—Colossians 3:16
- Whatever You Do—Colossians 3:17
- Wives Submit; Husbands Love—Colossians 3:18-19
- Children Obey; Fathers Encourage—Colossians 3:20-21
- Serve with Sincerity of Heart—Colossians 3:22
- It is the Lord You Are Serving—Colossians 3:23-24
- There Is No Favoritism with God—Colossians 3:25