Romans 3 completes the accusation that both the Jews and the Gentiles are guilty before God. Now the prosecution can rest and the defense begin. Paul switches gears by explaining that the righteousness that the law was powerless to give us, God did by sending Jesus. He maintains that this righteousness comes by faith to all who believe in Christ Jesus apart from obeying the law.
More Articles ...
- The Jews' Advantage—Romans 3:1-2
- The Faithfulness of God—Romans 3:3-4
- Is God’s Wrath Unjust?—Romans 3:5-6
- Slanderous Reports—Romans 3:7-8
- No One is Righteous—Romans 3:9-18
- The Purpose of the Law—Romans 3:19-20
- Righteousness Apart From the Law—Romans 3:21
- By Faith We Are Justified—Romans 3:22-24
- A Demonstration of Justice—Romans 3:25
- Just and the Justifier—Romans 3:26
- Boasting is Excluded—Romans 3:27
- Justified by Faith—Romans 3:28
- Faith Upholds the Law—Romans 3:29-31