Melchizedek's Priesthood like Christ's
Hebrews 7 compares Jesus and Melchizedek, a priest forever without lineage. Abraham paid honor and tithes to Melchizedek and by doing so the Levitical priesthood was blessed by him as Levi was still inside of Abraham. In this fashion, Jesus is also a priest forever like Melchizedek. However He is not of the tribe of Levi. With a change in priesthood there must also be a change in the law. Jesus has proven His priesthood by his indestructible life. Because of this He is able to save completely those who draw near to God through Him since He always lives to intercede for them.
More Articles ...
- Melchizedek, Priest of the Most High God (Hebrews 7:1-2)
- Without Beginning of Days or End of Life (Hebrews 7:3)
- The Greatness of Melchizedek (Hebrews 7:4-7)
- Our Gifts End Up with the Lord (Hebrews 7:8-10)
- The Need for Another Priest (Hebrews 7:11)
- Changing the Priesthood Means Changing The Law (Hebrews 7:12)
- Jesus Descended From Judah Not Levi (Hebrews 7:13-14)
- Jesus Became High Priest on the basis of an Indestructible Life (Hebrews 7:15-17)
- The Law was Weak and Useless (Hebrews 7:18-19)
- Jesus is the Guarantee of a Better Covenant (Hebrews 7:20-22)
- Jesus is Able to Save Completely Because He Has Permanent Priesthood (Hebrews 7:23-25)
- Jesus is the High Priest Who Meets Our Needs (Hebrews 7:26-27)
- The Law vs. The Oath (Hebrews 7:28)