The Old and the New
Hebrews 9 shows how worship in the Old Testament could not perfect the worshipper because it related only to food, drink, various washings and regulations for the body. However when Christ appeared He entered into the heavenly tabernacle and poured out His own blood on the mercy seat. The blood of bulls and goats was never able to cleanse the conscience of the worshipper, but the blood of Christ is able to save completely as it cleansed us thoroughly and we are now without blemish or accusation before God. Christ appeared at the consummation of the ages to put away sin by His sacrifice.
More Articles ...
- Cherubim of Glory Overshadowing the Atonement Cover (Hebrews 9:1-5)
- The Most Holy Place Was Not Open While the First Tabernacle Was Standing (Hebrews 9:6-8)
- The Sacrifices Offered Could Not Clear the Conscience (Hebrews 9:9-10)
- Jesus Obtained Eternal Redemption (Hebrews 9:11-12)
- The Blood of Christ Cleanses Our Conscience (Hebrews 9:13-14)
- Christ is the Mediator of a New Covenant (Hebrews 9:15)
- Jesus’ Death Made God’s Will and Testament Valid (Hebrews 9:16-18)
- Without the Shedding of Blood There is no Forgiveness (Hebrews 9:19-22)
- Jesus Entered Heaven Appearing Before God on Our Behalf (Hebrews 9:23-24)
- Christ Abolished Sin by the Sacrifice of Himself (Hebrews 9:25-26)
- Christ Will Appear To Bring Salvation (Hebrews 9:27-28)