Warning against falling away
Hebrews 6 serves as a warning against walking away from the truth and becoming reprobate (damned). Falling away makes it impossible to come back to repentance because it subjects Christ once again to open shame. However, there are better things accompanying salvation for us who continue on with Christ. We can proceed toward that steadfast hope entering through the veil which Christ has opened to us.
More Articles ...
- Leaving the Elementary to Go on to Maturity (Hebrews 6:1-3)
- Subjecting the Son to Public Disgrace (Hebrews 6:4-6)
- The Basis of Eternal Redemption (Hebrews 6:4-6)
- What Does it Mean to Fall Away? (Hebrews 6:4-6)
- The Conditions of Becoming Reprobate (Hebrews 6:4-6)
- Thorns & Thistles are Worthless and in Danger of Being Cursed (Hebrews 6:7-8)
- Confident of Better Things (Hebrews 6:9-10)
- Showing Diligence Until the Very End (Hebrews 6:11-12)
- Abraham Received What Was Promised (Hebrews 6:13-15)
- It is Impossible for God to Lie (Hebrews 6:16-18)
- Hope Brings Us into the Inner Sanctuary with God (Hebrews 6:19-20)